About the Session:
The session “Promoting Health Infrastructure in Africa: Bridging the Digital Divide” is an initiative of The USA Healthcare Alliance, convened by AHB, during which experts will zoom into all matters related to digital healthcare infrastructure. The session will be an open session in which key speakers from the technology, trade and healthcare/social impact industries will discuss the status and prospects of promoting health infrastructure in Africa.
10:00 am: Introduction by Africa Health Federation and USA Healthcare Alliance by Dr. Amit Thakker, Executive Chairman, Africa Health Business, and Dr. Trevor Gunn, Chair and Founder of USA Healthcare Alliance.
10:10 am: Remarks from Chief Guests, Dr Margaret Agama-Anyetei, Head of Health, Population and Nutrition at African Union Commission and Aday Adetosoye, Director, Office of Global Health, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
10:30 am to 11:30 am: Technical Panel: Access to Digital Health: Practitioners’ Perspective, featuring:
- Dr. David Rhew, Chief Medical Officer, Microsoft
- Carl B. Kress, Regional Director for the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, Eurasia, and East Asia Healthcare Sector Worldwide Team Co-Lead, US Trade and Development Agency
- Dr. Ernest Darkoh, Founding Partner, Broad Reach Healthcare
- Kaakpema Yelpaala, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, access.mobile International
- Professor Khama Rogo, Founder Africa Institute for Health Transformation (Moderator)
Aday Adetosoye, Director, Office of Global Health, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Dr Margaret Agama-Anyetei, Head of Health, Population and Nutrition at African Union Commission